Analyst - Latin America & Caribbean
S-RM’s Business Intelligence & Investigations division conducts due diligence and investigations on companies and individuals, as well as political risk reporting, to expose reputational, political, corruption, and money laundering risks for clients. Our clients include blue-chip companies, private banks, law firms, high net-worth individuals and investors.
The Business Intelligence & Investigations division is seeking an Analyst to work on its Latin America & Caribbean team, based at S-RM’s Rio de Janeiro office.
The core responsibilities will include:
- Researching and writing desktop-based compliance and strategic intelligence reports on companies and individuals for due diligence and investigatory purposes;
- Providing subject matter expertise on the political, regulatory and corporate risk environment in Latin America and the Caribbean;
- Conducting English, Portuguese and Spanish language research on corporate and political issues; and,
- Presenting to managers and clients.
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate will need to have the following competencies:
- An undergraduate degree from a leading university (a relevant postgraduate degree is an advantage but not essential);
- Efficient time management skills with an ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Excellent written Portuguese and English, with a focus on analysing and presenting complex themes and subjects;
- Ability to conduct detailed research in Spanish;
- Excellent research skills;
- Prior investigative experience in the public or private sector is desirable, but not essential;
- Eligibility to work in Brazil without visa sponsorship is required.
Key Personal Skills & Attributes
The successful candidate will need to have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- A proven ability to work unsupervised and operate with a degree of autonomy;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A proactive approach and a willingness to work outside the job specification when required;
- Honesty and reliability;
- Excellent interpersonal skills; and,
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Please register your interest or direct enquiries to Bianca Cruz (B.Cruz@s-rminform.com). CVs should be submitted in English.