We are looking for an experienced candidates to join our Business Intelligence division as an Associate Director.
Applicants should have a minimum of five years’ experience in a relevant position within the research and investigations sector, or within a complementary sector, such as international consultancies, the legal profession or government research positions. We are interested in candidates fluent in foreign languages in particular Arabic, Russian, Farsi, French, German, Mandarin and Hebrew. Fluency in foreign languages is not, however, obligatory for this role.
The successful candidate will have the following skills, qualifications and experience:
- a minimum 2:1 (or equivalent) undergraduate degree from a leading university - a relevant postgraduate degree is an advantage but not essential;
- at least five years’ experience working in a relevant industry;
- demonstrable experience of managing a team;
- experience of managing complex research projects;
- excellent written and spoken English with a high standard in report editing;
- working knowledge of regional politics and business;
- fluency in at least one non-English language is preferred;
- experience of living or working in another country is preferred but not essential.
Our work is varied and challenging: projects range from a few days to several months, and your work will regularly focus on different industries and countries. With every project you will be expected to build up knowledge of new industries, political trends, commercial developments, and key figures within business and politics. As a member of a regional desk, you will work alongside regional specialists, advisors and directors, who bring a wealth of knowledge and on-the-ground experience to each engagement.
Following your training, you will be responsible for managing teams working on open-source intelligence projects. You will also manage more complex projects, such as on-the-ground investigations based on intelligence provided by our contacts. Good teamwork and clear communication are integral to the success of these engagements, where teams work together to address multi-faceted intelligence challenges in order to provide our clients with well-sourced, objective reporting on contentious and complex issues.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK without visa sponsorship.
To apply for the role, please email a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org